Online Exam Entries Now Available!
Practical and Hard Copy Theory Exams are now available for purchase through the University of Adelaide's Online Shop! Simply follow the link to get started!
Please see our handy Step by Step Guide to the new system or contact us if you have any questions.
Getting that "Plus" grading presentation
Due to popular demand, Jane Burgess' presentation from the 2018 Information Day is available to download here.
AMEB Student Collaborative Artist Award
(Previously the AMEB Student Accompanist Award)
Subscribe to AMEB's Newsletter
Exam Confirmation Slips are now being emailed out!
If you don't have an email address registered with the AMEB please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the link for more information about our new system.
Are you using the correct entry forms?
Our Practical Entry Forms have changed, with extra sessions being offered this year. You can find the most up-to-date Entry Forms for Practical, Hard Copy Theory, Speech and Diploma exams under the "Entry Forms" heading on our homepage.
Notes for Parents of AMEB Candidates
Click here for our guide with useful tips for parents of AMEB candidates. This downloadable form provides a basis of our examination process from entering all the way to receiving your child's certificate.
Don't know how the AMEB administration process works?
Print off our handy AMEB examination checklist to double check that you have entered your candidates correctly and to find out what happens next in the administration process.
Graduate Certificate in Music Teaching
The Graduate Certificate in Music Teaching is designed to upgrade the knowledge, skills and understanding of in-service instrumental music teachers to be eligible to apply for Special Authority for an Unregistered Person to Teach from the Teachers' Registration Board of SA.
Click here for more information or contact the Elder Conservatorium of Music for more information on 8313 5995.
2018 Teachers' Handbook
The 2018 Teachers' Handbook is available for download. It is a must have for every teacher.
Go to the Federal AMEB Website to find articles with Expert Advice on keeping your students engaged and excited about learning music. Get inspired by learning about what to do, what not to do and everything inbetween.
Below are a few interesting links with notes on the lectures, presented at AMEB Information Days over the last few years.
- Utilizing Technology in Teaching AMEB piano, presented by Stuart Storer
- Terms to Support the AMEB Speech and Drama Syllabus, presented by Louise Borgo
- Preparing for AMEB Clarinet Exams, presented by Anna Lester
- The Diary of A Tired String Player, presented by Wendy Heiligenberg
- AMEB Workshop - Rehearsing An Ensemble, presented by Anna Lester
Being An AMEB Teacher
Candidates Preparing and/or sitting for an AMEB exam are not required to have a teacher or an 'AMEB Qualified' Teacher. People who wish to gain qualifications in teaching from the AMEB may sit AMEB Teaching exams. Learn More
Teaching Music - Why do AMEB Exams?
Having a clearly defined goal can be a powerful motivating force. AMEB syllabuses set educationally appropriate goals, and examinations are an opportunity for students to measure themselves against these goals. Performing in front of others also helps to develop poise and confidence.
Progress Through Feedback
Each candidate who completes an AMEB exam receives a personal written report from their examiner. This independent feedback encourages the student to progress by highlighting areas of strength and weakness under performance conditions to help guide students in their development.
Each successful AMEB candidate receives an official certificate recognising their achievement. An AMEB certificate is a tangible reminder of a milestone achieved and a source of great pride.
SACE Board of SA Recognition for AMEB Exams
Students can use some of their AMEB results to claim credits for their SACE. Please see the 'Recognised Community-Developed Programs' Table at www.sace.sa.edu.au/learning/community-learning/community-developed-programs to find out which subjects are eligible. If you have completed a higher grade than what is recognised on this table, please talk to your school's SACE Coordinator about receiving credit through the Self-Directed Community Learning Program.
To apply for recognition, students must complete the application form, found at the link above, and submit the form to their School's SACE coordinator.
For a hard copy of this information and the application form, please contact the AMEB Office.
AMEB publications are produced within Australia to the highest editorial standards. They are a cost effective and convenient way to purchase a range of repertoire and to prepare for practical and written examinations.
AMEB offers a range of quality publications to support students and teachers preparing for exams. AMEB publications are a cost effective and convenient way to purchase a range of repertoire. They are produced within Australia to the highest editorial standards and often feature compositions by Australian and regional composers. AMEB publications are available from our online music shop or from one of our local music retailers.
- Out of print
The following AMEB publications have recently gone out of print. If you are unable to find these publications, check with the National Library, your local State Library, local AMEB State Office or second-hand sellers such as Ebay and Gumtree.
- PIANO PRELIMINARY SUPPLIMENTARY BOOK 2001 AMEB
- CELLO SECOND GRADE SERIES 1 AMEB
- CELLO FOURTH GRADE SERIES 1 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 5 SERIES 7 AMEB
- PIANO FOR LEISURE SERIES 1 GRADE 5 CD/NOTES
- PIANO FOR LEISURE SERIES 1 GRADE 6 CD/NOTES
- PIANO FOR LEISURE SERIES 1 GRADE 7 CD/NOTES
- VIOLIN GRADE 4 SERIES 7 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN GRADE 6 SERIES 6 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN GRADE 3 SERIES 6 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN GRADE 4 SERIES 6 AMEB
- BAROQUE GRADE 1 AND 2 PNO 1992 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN GRADE 2 SERIES 6 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN PRELIMINARY GRADE SERIES 6 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN GRADE 1 SERIES 6 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN GRADE 5 SERIES 6 AMEB
- HANDBOOK VIOLIN GRADE 7 SERIES 6 AMEB
- BAROQUE GRADE 3 AND 4 PIANO 1992 AMEB
- GRADE 6 SERIES 1 MUSICIANSHIP WORKBOOK AMEB
- GRADE 3 SERIES 1 MUSICIANSHIP WORKBOOK AMEB
- GRADE 2 SERIES 1 MUSICIANSHIP WORKBOOK AMEB
- THEORY WORKBOOK GRADE 5 SERIES 1 AMEB
- ANALYTICAL NOTES MUSICIANSHIP AMEB 1991
- ANALYTICAL NOTES THEORY 1991 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 3 AND 4 STUDIES 1992 AMEB
- MUSICIANSHIP GRADE 1 SERIES 1 WORKBOOK AMEB
- GRADE 1 TO 6 SERIES 1 MUSICIANSHIP ANSWER BOOK
- PIANO PRELIM TO GRADE 2 SERIES 14 AMEB CD/NOTES
- PIANO GRADE 3 TO 4 SERIES 14 AMEB CD NOTES
- PIANO GRADE 6 SERIES 14 AMEB CD HANDBOOK
- PIANO GRADE 7 SERIES 14 AMEB CD HBOOK
- PIANO PRELIMINARY SERIES 14 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 1 SERIES 14 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 2 SERIES 14 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 3 SERIES 14 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 4 SERIES 14 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 5 SERIES 14 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 6 SERIES 14 AMEB
- PIANO GRADE 7 SERIES 14 AMEB
- VIOLA TECHNIQUE BOOK AMEB
- VIOLIN PRELIMINARY GRADE SERIES 6 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 1 SERIES 6 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 2 SERIES 6 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 3 SERIES 6 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 4 SERIES 6 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 5 SERIES 6 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 6 SERIES 6 AMEB
- VIOLIN GRADE 3 SERIES 7 AMEB
- VIOLIN PRELIM TO GR 2 SERIES 7 CD/HANDBOOK
- PIANO FOR LEISURE SERIES 1 GRADE 8 CD/NOTES
- VIOLIN SERIES 7 GRADE 6
- Publication corrections & errors